Welcome to the South Australian Photographic Federation
The South Australian Photographic Federation (SAPF) was formed on the 1st February, 1962 to encourage and promote amateur photography in SA. The SAPF is affiliated with the Australian Photographic Society and is a member of the Photographic Society of America.
The Affiliated Clubs of the Federation provide fellowship, educational activities and friendly competitions. All activities are designed to provide a photographer with stimulation and challenge and the impetus to improve their skills.
The Federation provides activities and services to support and enhance the activities of the clubs and individual photographers, as well as direct activities to support photography in South Australia.
The activities of the Federation are coordinated by the SAPF Management Committee, a group of up to 12 people elected annually by two delegates from each of the affiliated clubs and Associate members. An annual General Meeting is conducted each year in March with Delegate meetings [General Assemblies] held twice yearly in March [combined with AGM] and also in September.
The SAPF was established to co-ordinate the activities of camera clubs and photographic groups within SA and thereby encourage proficiency in the art and science of photography.
If you belong to an SAPF affiliated camera club you are a member of SAPF. If you do not wish to be a camera club member, you may apply for Associate Membership, which allows you the same privileges and access to all that SAPF offers club members.
- Promotes photography clubs, inter-club, state, interstate, national and international competitions, exhibitions, seminars, workshops and conventions of various kinds.
- Provides services to affiliated clubs e.g. by creating a pool of qualified judges who can be invited to judge club competitions.
- Provides judges for country clubs via mail.
- Encourages clubs and members to be involved in the care of the environment by the pursuit of nature photography.
- Maintains a web presence for promotion of camera clubs, club and photographic information and offers a means of showcasing club images and providing archival storage of SAPF photographic history.
- SAPF provides Public Liability insurance that covers members and their clubs at meetings and on official club outings.
- Through the Mullins Fund, clubs can apply for financial assistance should the need arise.
- Through the Photographic Preservation Society of SA [an affiliated group] access to historical equipment, the annual Photographers Market and opportunity, for those interested in this aspect of photography, to learn how to preserve/repair/maintain these treasures.
What does your membership of SAPF give you?
- Access to judges who are trained and competent.
- Information about competitions and exhibitions.
- An opportunity to compete in the SAPF Annual and other competitions.
- Expert photographic advice.
- The right to send a representative to the general meetings of the Federation and thereby gain a position on management committee.
- Access to ideas and information from other clubs.
- Access to lectures, seminars etc. run by SAPF and other photographic bodies.
- Supports competition for those interested in AV (audio-visual) presentations.
- The means [as listed above] of improving your photography, socializing and interacting with a group of like-minded people while enjoying and having fun in this extremely exciting art form.
SAPF invites you to further explore this website for more enlightening information.